Sep 7, 2012

surf 'n turf taco night



Are y'all sick of me talking about tacos? Never? Good!

When cooking for a gaggle of hungry hippos, tacos are my go-to. Not only is it so easy to throw together a heap of taco toppings, but everyone gets to do their own thing - carnivores, pescatarians, and vegetarians alike will leave your dinner fat and happy. And isn't that how every dinner party should end? Every taco night I've ever put together ends up different from the one before - the main topping here was roasted peppers but the time before this it was mango and beans. This taco night actually sprung out of leftovers - the shrimp and steak were from the two previous dinners and from there we just filled in the blanks. The one ingredient that cannot be compromised is a corn taco shell. None of this flour taco BS. It must be corn. Other than that, taco night is the perfect opportunity to let your culinary imagination run wild!






14 comments:

  1. ahh one of my fav foods is fish or shrimp tacos! these look so yummy and you are making me so hungry right now!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the shout out to the chef that made the Cornbread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha- i had one. it got deleted. SHOUT OUT TO CAROLINE SR.!

      Delete
  3. YUMMMM! Looks so so good. mmm Tacos, and is the wine I see? YUM!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  4. I officially want mexican tonight!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap this looks AMAZING..it's morning yet this food is making me drool..NICE spread..I am in NY too..I'll take an invite on the next one :0
    sheree xxx
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    thanks for your comment on my blog hon! stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmm!!!! Now those are real tacos

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tacos look amazing!

    thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog! newest follower!

    amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think the puppy makes some of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! My husband's favorite night is taco night! Seriously, he would do anything for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Cant wait to try this for my family of six!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you tell us what that casserole-looking dish is? Also any insight on the best way to cook all these things?? Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love taco nights!! I do something similar to this almost every other week for my hubby and I! Looks good!! :)

    xo - Sheila

    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete