Sep 6, 2012

insta-thursday

This weekend was the perfect conclusion to what may go down in the books as the best summer ever. 

Neither of us had ever been, so last Thursday we went out to the US Open to see Venus and Federer play. Sometimes paying $10 for a frothy Heineken Light is beyond worth it - it was a great night in Queens. And that is the first and perhaps last time that I will ever say that.

On Friday my parents arrived and we kicked off the weekend with our picnic on the Hudson. We had so much fun but stayed up way too late drinking wine on the river and paid for it the next day. On Saturday we grabbed brunch at Oficina Latina and almost immediately all headed back home to PTFO for a few hours. Woops. That night we grabbed dinner at Otto, a favorite spot for pizza and vino, and then headed to the late showing of Sleep No More. This was actually my third time going (eek- am I a groupie?) and it was just as great as the two times before. New Yorkers, if you have not been- you need to go before it leaves town in November!

Like any good thespians, the next afternoon we hit another show - FINALLY saw Book of Mormon. Holy. Shit. It was unreal. It is outrageous, offensive and utterly hysterical. At intermission our cheeks actually hurt. The theater was two blocks away from the Top of the Rock, where we had also never been (because normally I don't behave like a foreign tourist in my own city), so we pushed our way through the crowds and headed up. Yes, it is packed with tourists. Yes, every time you turn around another exchange student asks you to take their photo. But I would brave those deodorant deficient crowds again for that view. Stunning. 

My fusband (eh?) and I aren't currently living in the same city, and in true form my incredible friends surprised us by sending us to the Soho Grand to celebrate, rather than be sad about, our farewell. Those last two pictures are from the hotel - one is of the bathroom wallpaper (I was/am obsessed - where do I find it!? a reader has informed me that it is Schumacher, i love it even more now that it is attainable) and the other is one of many attempts to take a good thank you picture to send to our friend Tom who had sneakily sent in a bottle of champagne to our already sneakily gifted hotel room. The whole thing was just so unbelievably thoughtful. Friends rule. As did the entire summer.










8 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best post you have ever posted!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am OBSESSED with the wallpaper!!! gotta find it. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. When you get a chance I'd love it if you could check out my blog.

    Xaimarys ♡
    www.ajumbled-mess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had so much fun! I heard such amazing things about Book of Mormon, I definitely want to see it!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an action packed 4 days in NYC and to think this celebration has been going on since May 15. It is a good thing that the trip has to end for now. Or I think your bodies would decompose from abuse!
    Await your next post eagerly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much fun!
    Have a sweet and brilliant day!!
    Greeting from ヽ(^。^)ノ

    (●^o^●) Visit my blog? http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/
    and let me know if you like to follow each other (just making friends) But if you don't like, it's still ok :D no problems at all (*^。^*)



    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/

    。。。。。。。。。。xoxo。。。。。。。。ヽ(´∀`彡)ノ。。

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post and the pictures!!! ....deodorant deficient crowds, amazing. Any interest in going a 4th time to Sleep No More?

    ReplyDelete