Sep 10, 2012

roasted rosemary fingerlings


I have been brunching like crazy this summer. It has become one of my favorite meals to cook for a crowd, so I've decided to share a few favorites this week. A lot of brunch prep work can be done the night before, making the actual cooking in the morning easy breezy - which is important if you're like me and snooze your alarm clock 17 times before your fusband finally dropkicks you out of bed. This is basically the only way I cook potatoes anymore - for breakfast or dinner - it is an unbeatable technique. My friend Grace taught me this little trick last summer and I swear I think we ate fingerlings with dinner ten weekends in a row. Parboiling them lets them soak up just enough water to make them extra crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. So good. Normal white fingerlings are just as delicious, but this purple, red and white bag that I picked up at the Farmer's Market looked oh so pretty. 

Recipe
Bag of fingerlings (about 25)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Several sprigs of Rosemary
1/2 Vidalia onion
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon lemon pepper
Salt and Pepper

Put a pot of water with a dash of salt on the stove while you wash your potatoes. Once the water begins to bubble, add the potatoes and parboil for about 6 minutes. Strain and leave to cool. 
Once cool enough to handle, slice each potato in half or thirds depending on its size. Chop the onion, dice the garlic and toss everything in olive oil, lemon pepper, and about a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet - ideally no potatoes should be touching. Cover with sprigs of rosemary and bake on 500ยบ for about 20 minutes or until crispy. 



Anyone have a favorite brunch recipe? Share the link in your comment if so!

8 comments:

  1. My favorite brunch is chocolate chip pancakes! Healthy I know.... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm going to try this next week. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! Mimosas and huevos rancheros for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make some just like that but I love how you used the onion and rosemary! Those look way too good right now this morning lol!

    XO Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make an almond meal pancake from www.delightedmomma.com with chocolate chips and blueberries that is DELICIOUS! Almond meal also makes it a little better for you, but tastes pretty much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these look very yummy, going to have to try them out!

    Kristina

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Really brings a potentially boring ingredient to life. I'm loving following your daily blog from Spain, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I was just thinking the other day of roasted fingerling potatoes!! Yours soo good. :) I'll have to give this recipe a try soon!

    xo - Sheila

    If you have time, come by and check out my blog and maybe follow?
    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete