Sep 5, 2012

stitched poster


I absolutely love this Etsy print, and for about six months would noncommittally put it in my Shopping Cart every time I was on the site. I finally decided to take the quote but put my own spin on it using materials I already had. On thick card stock I traced the letters using a light pencil, and then poked holes down each letter using a thumbtack. Then, using thick red thread, I went at it as with any sewing project! It took a bit of diligence, but I love how it turned out and it now hangs in a thick black frame as a part of my mini gallery wall.





10 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Such a lovely personal touch to your home!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog! Just found it and am your newest GFC follower! Would love for you to stop by and check out and follow my blog too!

    Xo Meghan
    citrusrefreshingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you found it, meghan! loved checking out your blog and will be back!

      Delete
  3. this is too sweet! how long did it take? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably about 2 hours start to finish...not too bad!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks marie-eve! i love your diy jewelry projects!

      Delete
  5. That's a great DIY project!! It's so cute, love the quote you put!! PS. I'd love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great DIY. When you get a chance I'd love it if you could check out my blog.

    Xaimarys ♡
    www.ajumbled-mess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute DIY project! This is definitely something I might try myself.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete