Aug 7, 2012

mexican birthday dinner


Tacos have swiftly overcome pizza as my favorite go-to food in 2012, and with good reason. They are versatile, easy to throw together, and for parties a taco bar is fun and customizable. For my friend Tom's birthday I put four pounds of pork butt in a slow cooker with fresh lemon, lime and orange juice for about nine hours. By the time I got home from work it was tender and shredded upon touch. It was my first time using a slow-cooker, and I will definitely be giving it another go soon!

I also pickled some thinly sliced red onions the night before using my favorite method to date. Salsa rosada, more affectionately known as pink sauce, is a bit fancier than it sounds: just mix up your favorite salsa and greek yogurt and put it on EVERYTHING.




Tacos, Olympic Gymnastics, and cheap beer - recipe for a great birthday!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing all of these yummy creations! can't wait to try at home

    ReplyDelete