Oct 1, 2012

diy: striped lampshade


I loved this little lamp's drum shade. But, when I put it on my bedside table beside my all white bedding and against my white walls, it looked so washed out. I was going to add some chevron stripes to spice things up- but I got halfway there (taping wise) and decided I liked the way these stripes looked. I used a very light coat of silver metallic spray paint and about 25 minutes later had a fun new lampshade. It definitely isn't perfect - the lines bled and the stripes are definitely not even sized - but I still like how it turned out. I'm thinking next I may paint the lamp base a matte white, but I'm happy with it for now!


And of course #5: enjoy!



9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    What a lovely idea. Creative, cheap, and quick....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I absolutely love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute idea! I have an ugly lampshade I will have to try and do this with!
    - Monica
    Caravan of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious Live design philosophy is based on versatility and glamour with a clear focus on creating outfits to make each woman feel beautiful in whatever she wears. We also provide custom made design as per your requirement.
    GloriousLive.Net

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are the one who have development team behind Pakistan's largest media websites and who made wesbites which are busiest and most famous in Pakistan and very high ranking in Alexa and SEO point of view.
    Reserver Your Website Now...

    ReplyDelete